Jambb Terms of Service
Effective Date: November 24, 2020
Thank you for using Jambb, Inc., (“Jambb,” “we” or “us”). These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of Jambb, including any use of the Services and resources available or enabled via Jambb, on any website that links to these Terms regardless of the manner in which such website is accessed.
Please read these Terms carefully. These Terms represent a binding contract between you and us, and by creating an account or otherwise accessing or using Jambb, you expressly agree to be bound by them. These Terms affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you may not use Jambb.
To use Jambb Services you will need to create an account. When you create an account, we require you to provide certain information about yourself, including your email address, a username, and a password (“Account Information”). By registering for a Jambb account, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age, have the legal capacity to enter into these Terms by and between you and us, and agree to be bound by these Terms in their entirety. You agree that all Account Information that you provide will be accurate, current, and in a form sufficient to allow Jambb to contact you from time to time. If you are creating an account on behalf of a party other than yourself, such as your employer or another legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to do so and acknowledge that by creating the account such third party will be bound by these Terms. You agree that we may send email communications to you for customer service, account and/or product confirmations, product offers and other similar matters. You may choose to opt out of much of this email correspondence through your account settings or by using the links at the bottom of our emails. Please note that even if you opt out, we will still send you account and service-related emails.
Jambb provides a technology platform, which provides tools to help content creators to engage with their fans and vice versa. Jambb allows users to connect their social media accounts, including YouTube. You agree not to use our Services in a way that is violative of the YouTube Terms of Service. You agree that you may be subject to the terms and conditions of social media websites and additional third-party providers Jambb may work with.
Jambb is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws and you agree to abide by them. Without our prior written consent, you may not copy or store Jambb Content (as that term is further defined below) in any form outside of the Jambb platform and you may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works based on, distribute, or perform any Jambb Content, except as expressly contemplated herein. You agree to comply with reasonable written requests from us to help us in protecting our proprietary and intellectual property rights. All intellectual property rights in Jambb are, as between you and us, the sole and exclusive property of Jambb. As used herein, Jambb “Content” includes but is not limited to, all information, images, video clips, files, software, technical information, specifications, catalogs, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and other content or materials on the website. Any dated Content is valid as of the indicated date only.
Some Jambb features either now or in the future may allow you to post or submit content and materials for publication on Jambb (“Your Content”). You represent and warrant that Your Content is accurate, true and not defamatory, and that you own or otherwise have the necessary license(s) for your use of Your Content, including all rights necessary for you to post or otherwise transmit Your Content to Jambb. You own any intellectual property rights to Your Content, but you agree that we can use, reproduce, modify, adapt and publish Your Content for purposes of enabling us to offer Jambb or the specific features you have elected to use. You are responsible for Your Content, and acknowledge that once published, we cannot always remove it. You may also be able to view or access content and materials published to Jambb by other users (collectively, “User Content”). Jambb does not control User Content and cannot guarantee its accuracy. Jambb is not responsible for User Content and you should keep this in mind when making any decisions based on such User Content. We appreciate when you provide us feedback through customer service or by email, but we may use any feedback, comments, or suggestions without any obligations to you. For purposes of clarity, you hereby assign all intellectual property rights to us in any feedback, comments, or suggestions that you provide to us.
Jambb respects the intellectual property rights of others and we require our members to do the same. Jambb has adopted the following policy concerning copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), as codified in 17 U.S.C §512. The contact information for our designated agent to receive notification of claimed copyright or intellectual property infringement (“Copyright Agent”) is listed at the end of this section.
If you believe in good faith your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following DMCA requirements to Jambb’s Copyright Agent:
- Information reasonably sufficient for Jambb to contact you: name, address, phone and e-mail address (if available);
- A description of the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple works, a listing of such works;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Jambb to locate your work on the site;
- A statement, made by you, that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner, or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receiving a proper notification of alleged copyright infringement as described above, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. Please submit your statement to Jambb by mail or email as set forth below:
399 Boylston St Fl 6
Boston, MA 02116
If sending your notice by electronic mail, please make sure to write DMCA Copyright Notice in the subject line.
Your Use of Jambb
We are providing you with access to Jambb pursuant to a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license. You can use Jambb for personal, non-commercial use only, and subject to these Terms. This license is available to you as long as you are not barred from Jambb by applicable law and your account is not terminated by us or by you.
The use of the Jambb platform is at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information and agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account Information or if you otherwise believe your Account Information has been compromised. Notification regarding any unauthorized use can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you are responsible for any damages or losses suffered by Jambb via the use of your Account Information.
If the Terms are not enforceable where you are located, you may not use Jambb. We reserve all right, title, and interest not expressly granted under this license to the fullest extent possible under applicable laws.
Restrictions and Prohibited Uses
Jambb is used by many people, and we are proud of the trust our users place in us. We expect, in turn, that our users do not misuse our service. Except with our written permission, you may not:
- Attempt to impersonate another person or use another person’s Jambb account information without express, written authorization;
- Distribute Jambb for your own commercial purposes;
- Violate or attempt to violate any of Jambb’s security features, including logging into a server that you are not authorized to access, or probing the vulnerability of our systems and networks;
- Redistribute, decompile, reverse engineer, publish, or copy any portion of the Jambb website or services;
- Use Jambb for the purpose of creating a product with a substantially similar look, feel or design;
- Access or search Jambb by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
- Interfere with others’ use and enjoyment of Jambb;
- Use any Jambb trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos in your own mailings, spam material, contests or surveys, or to create the impression you are associated with such items;
- Violate any third party’s rights, including intellectual property or privacy rights.
Written requests regarding any of the aforementioned restrictions and prohibited use may be submitted to email@example.com. Engaging in prohibited uses is grounds for immediate termination of your Jambb account and may also subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
Canceling Your Account
While we hope you enjoy using Jambb, you may cancel your account at any time by contacting our customer support team or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jambb maintains certain technical and administrative safeguards designed to improve the security, confidentiality and integrity of the platform. No such measures are capable of guaranteeing complete security though, and Jambb disclaims all implied warranties as to the security of the platform.
JAMBB IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JAMBB AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS AND/OR EMPLOYEES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING JAMBB, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
WE STRIVE TO MAINTAIN JAMBB ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS BUT CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS AT ALL TIMES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL JAMBB OR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS AND/OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE HEREUNDER FOR (I) IN THE AGGREGATE, ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO JAMBB FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, IF ANY; (II) LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION GOOD FAITH AND REASONABLE CARE ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF JAMBB; OR (III) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER.
YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT JAMBB WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations in this section, so they may not apply to you.
You will indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, officers and/or employees harmless, including by paying costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to Jambb, Your Content, or the violation of these Terms by you.
Agreement to Arbitrate and Waiver of Class Action Claims
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
If a dispute arises, our goal is to provide you a neutral and cost-effective means to resolve it quickly. Most disputes can be resolved informally. Before filing a claim against us, you agree to try to resolve the dispute by contacting us via email at email@example.com. Before we file a claim against you, we agree to contact you at the email address associated with your Jambb account. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days of notice, either you or we may bring a formal proceeding pursuant to the following procedures:
- GENERAL. YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND JAMBB WILL RESOLVE THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY BETWEEN US ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO JAMBB OR YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING THESE TERMS (collectively, “ARBITRAL CLAIMS”), with a few exceptions set forth below. The arbitrator, and not any court, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Agreement to Arbitrate, including any claim that all or any part of this Agreement to Arbitrate is void or voidable, or whether a claim is subject to arbitration.
ARBITRATION IS DIFFERENT FROM COURT. THE RULES, INCLUDING DISCOVERY, ARE DIFFERENT AND NO JUDGE OR JURY IS PRESENT AT AN ARBITRATION. IN SOME INSTANCES, THE COSTS OF ARBITRATION COULD EXCEED THE COST OF LITIGATION, AND THE RIGHT TO DISCOVERY MAY BE MORE LIMITED. THE AWARD IS FINAL AND BINDING AND SUBJECT ONLY TO LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS MANDATORY PROVISION, YOU MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL.
- ARBITRATION SERVICES AND RULES. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) will administer the arbitration using the AAA procedures and rules in effect on the date the Arbitration is filed (“AAA Rules”). In the event the AAA Rules are inconsistent with this Agreement to Arbitrate, this Agreement will prevail. AAA is independent from us, and you may obtain copies of the current AAA Rules, and other related materials, including forms and instructions for initiating arbitration, by contacting AAA at 150 N Michigan Ave #3050, Chicago, IL 60601 or http://adr.org.
- LOCATION OF ARBITRATION. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules, and any in-person hearing will be held in Chicago, IL, or any other location you and we mutually agree to.
- EXCEPTIONS TO ARBITRAL CLAIMS. Either you or we may bring claims to enforce intellectual property rights, or in response to any allegations or charges of criminal activity, without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute resolution described in this Section.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER. YOU AND JAMBB AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU FURTHER AGREE WITH US THAT NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL JOIN ANY ARBITRAL CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN A LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING; THAT NO ARBITRAL CLAIM WILL BE RESOLVED ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS; THAT NEITHER YOU NOR WE WILL ASSERT AN ARBITRAL CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE; AND BOTH PARTIES EXPRESSLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS ACTION OR SEEK RELIEF ON A CLASS BASIS. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then this Agreement to Arbitrate shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
- NO RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL. YOU AND JAMBB ALSO HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL EVEN IF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE IS HELD NOT TO APPLY. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IN THE EVENT THAT EITHER PARTY SELECTS ARBITRATION TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- 30 DAY OPT OUT RIGHT. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and the class action waiver provisions set forth herein by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For new users, the notice must be sent within 30 days of registering with Jambb, and for existing users, the notice must be sent within 30 days of the effective date of this policy. If you do not opt-out, you shall be bound to the terms in this Section. If you choose to opt-out, we will also not be bound.
(a) Severability and Waiver. If any part of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting the intent of these Terms as closely as possible. Either party’s failure to enforce any term or condition herein is not a waiver of its right to do so later.
(b) Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue. Except to the extent preempted by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), these Terms are governed by Massachusetts law without regard to conflict of law provisions. Except as provided above, or to the extent preempted by the FAA, both parties further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the federal and state courts located in Boston, Massachusetts, as the legal forum for any dispute between them.
(c) Updates. Jambb, in its sole discretion, may make changes, updates, enhancements or similar to the platform or our Services at any time, with or without notice. We may add or remove certain features and functionalities, or may discontinue the Services or platform altogether.
(d) Third Party Links. Jambb may provide links to third party websites or services as necessary to effectuate the services. We provide these links as a convenience and these third party websites or services are not under our control. Any use of such third party websites or services is at your own risk.
(e) Notice. All notices from Jambb to you will be provided to the email address that you provide to Jambb when registering your account. All notices from you to Jambb should be provided to email@example.com. Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after such email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid.
(f) Change Policy. These Terms may be updated from time to time. If we make material changes, we will provide advance notice to you either by email, by posting a notification on the Jambb website or by posting updated Terms at least 30 days in advance of the effective date of the updated Terms. Please note that unless otherwise provided by applicable law, your continued use of Jambb following the effective date means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the updated Terms.
(g) Miscellaneous. These Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersede all previous agreements relating to the subject matter of these Terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and any additional terms, conditions, and rules posted by Jambb, these Terms will govern, unless expressly superseded by such other terms, conditions, or rules. Sections of these Terms which by their nature should survive any termination will indeed so survive.